Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hair Care Product Review -- WELL OVERDUE...

So this product review is well overdue. As I mentioned last month I said I would review the products that I was incorporating into my hair care regimen. Some I was not impressed with and others I have decided to incorporate as a staple in my journey back to healthy hair.

I have a lot of hair. It is a decent length, at BSL (bra strap length), dark and curly. My hair is good at camouflaging damage because there is so much. However, I know when there are major issues in the wasp nest. Over the last couple months I have noticed significant shedding and major split ends. So I have adopted a new and improved regimen than what I was doing before, which was pretty much nothing.

Organix Fortifying Lavender Soymilk Collection

I decided to give the Organix line another try but instead of the traditional Coconut line tried the Lavendar line.

What it is suppose to do:
Nourish your hair follicles, fortify, heal and condition. Strengthen and silken hair making hair frizz-free.

How did I use it:
Regular shampoo and conditioner. Keep the conditioner on a little longer, about a 1-2 minutes longer

Pros:
- Smells great
- Cleans hair well

Cons:
- My hair did not feel any stronger
- Hair was did not feel as moisturized as expected
- Hair still was still frizzy

Overall Rating:
2 out of 5. This product did nothing for me and I was not impressed. NEXT!!!!

Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum

What it is suppose to do:
Helps repair damaged hair and cuticles, and mend split ends and frizziness. Promotes longer hair by helping reduce everyday damage while adding strength and elasticity to weak and brittle hair.

How did I use it:
After cleaning hair, section hair and apply root to tip. Applied more while wet and less during daily use on dry hair.

Pros:
- Smells great
- Reduced shedding (not considerably but I did notice a difference in breakage)
- Added moisture to hair
- No build up from daily use

Cons:
- Did not tame frizz as much as expected

Overall Rating:
4 out of 5. I will definitely continue to use the product.

John Frieda Extra-Strength Formula Hair Serum for Coarse/Extremely Frizzy Hair

What it is suppose to do:
Eliminates chronic unruly frizz by smoothing and controlling wild, wiry, and unmanageable hair. Promotes longer hair by helping reduce breakage.

How did I use it:
After cleaning hair and applying Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum, section hair and apply root to tip. Applied more while wet and less during daily use on dry hair.

Pros:
- Smells great
- Noticeably tamed frizz
- Added moisture to hair
- No build up from daily use

Cons:
- Have to use more than the recommended amount. The bottle is too small.

Overall Rating:
4 out of 5. I will definitely continue to use the product. However, I wish I could get more for the money. But it is still worth every penny

1 comment: